Written by a multidisciplinary group of contributors, including radiologists, emergency physicians, critical care specialists, anesthesiologists, and surgeons, Fundamentals of Emergency Ultrasound is a first-of-its-kind reference that clearly explains the many technical nuances and diagnostic skills necessary for optimal use of ultrasound in emergency settings. This concise, easy-to-read resource covers both non-invasive and invasive ultrasound-guided procedures for a wide range of adult and pediatric trauma and non-trauma conditions. A practical emphasis on differential diagnosis helps facilitate rapid diagnosis, triage, and disposition decisions in emergency situations where ultrasound can be used.
- Provides a depth of understanding and interpretation from a multidisciplinary group of chapter authors, with step-by-step details on anatomy, equipment considerations, positioning, technique, normal and abnormal findings, and common pitfalls.
- Covers invasive procedures and ultrasound-guided injections such as thoracentesis, paracentesis, nerve blocks, and central and peripheral venous access.
- Includes correlative CT, MR, and Doppler images to enhance ultrasound visualization, in addition to more than 500+ high-quality ultrasound images and 75+ line drawings.
- Offers up-to-date coverage on the e-FAST, trans-thoracic and trans-esophageal echocardiography, pulmonary, and cranial sonography, among other emergency modalities.
- Features more than 150 ultrasound video clips that show the many nuances of ultrasound use.
- Gain new understanding from dozens of unknown cases reflecting the most recent changes in abdominal and small part ultrasound, including the scrotum and thyroid.
- Understand the recent changes in the complexities of vascular ultrasound of the carotid, transplants, and extremities.
- Stay up to date with new thyroid cases and musculoskeletal cases, including rheumatoid arthritis and shoulder ultrasound.
- Expand your awareness of physics, state-of-the-art instrumentation, and common aritifacts with added new content.
- Clearly visualize what you’re likely to see on exams and in practice thanks to new images -- including color Doppler images.