The new, therapeutically-focused Botulinum Toxin presents comprehensive, cross-disciplinary guidance on current practices, covering more than 100 non-cosmetic conditions that occur in neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain medicine, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, urology, orthopedics, and surgery. International contributors review the current understanding of the biology and cellular mechanisms along with relevant research so you can easily apply them to the pathophysiology of the numerous disorders that botulinum toxin is used to treat—such as botulinum toxin applications for the treatment of cranial-cervical dystonias, motor disorders in cerebral palsy, bruxism and temporomandibular disorders, headache, overactive bladder, chronic pelvic pain syndromes, arthritis joint pain, and wound healing. With discussions of the latest in approved treatment practices as well as new and emerging uses, you’ll get in-depth management guidance on the application of the toxin.
- Provides clinical applications of botulinum toxin for over 100 disorders for immediate access and easy reference during practice and treatment.
- Covers a broad array of hot topics, including botulinum toxin applications for the treatment of cranial-cervical dystonias, motor disorders in cerebral palsy, bruxism and temporomandibular disorders, headache, overactive bladder, chronic pelvic pain syndromes, arthritis joint pain, and wound healing.
- Focuses on approved uses with expert advice on thoroughly tested applications but also discusses new and emerging applications to expose you to additional treatment options.
- Presents the most comprehensive and up-to-date material available so you get all the information you need from this one resource.
- Offers the cross-disciplinary guidance of the best world-class expertise through an authoritative, international group of authors who demonstrate the applications of botulinum toxin across various specialties.