My daughter just won’t cooperate.
The tantrums have gotten out of control.
He promises to do his chores, but then he doesn’t.
She’s having trouble making friends at her new high school.
I’m trying everything I can think of… but I’m at my wit’s end!
If you’re a parent, chances are you’ve made at least one of those statements during the past year — or possibly something similar.
Dr. Suzanne Gelb, PhD, JD, a psychologist and life coach who has worked with parents and families for 30+ years combined, and also an attorney who has worked in the area of family law, understands parents’ frustrations.
Year after year, she has heard stories about tough spots, melt-downs, tantrums, and just about every hair-pulling situation imaginable.
Two decades — and more than a few transformational success stories — into her career, Dr. Gelb has consolidated her knowledge into a guidebook for parents:
IT STARTS WITH YOU.
This book doesn’t outline a “revolutionary” or “ground-breaking” parenting philosophy. Rather, just the opposite. It’s a refreshingly simple guidebook on how to raise great kids by setting a great example that your children would naturally want to follow.
As Dr. Gelb explains, "Parents set the tone for their household. If your child is acting out, first, it’s wise to look towards yourself."
IT STARTS WITH YOU urges parents to get back to basics — starting with your words, your actions, your role modeling; the messages that you knowingly (and unknowingly) expose your child to, every day.
In this book, you’ll find:
- Relatable stories about parents and children
- Tips on how to set age-appropriate rules and consequences for children of all ages, including teenagers
- Worksheets to organize and track family chores and responsibilities
- Guidelines that can help you resolve dozens of tricky, sometimes uncomfortable scenarios (from public tantrums to curfew-breaking to texting at the dinner table to navigating major life events, like illness or divorce)
- Inspiration to strengthen your mind, body, and life —forgiving your own parents, releasing the past, becoming a stronger, more positive role model for your children: a family leader who’s worthy of admiration and respect.
Readers have called this book “game-changing” and “incredibly effective,” and the message rippling through the pages of IT STARTS WITH YOU
is one of hope and empowerment:
It is never too late to become the person, parent, and role model that you want to be — and that your child needs and deserves.
Your child is looking to you and counting on you.
It all starts with you.