The instructional book PLAYING WITH ORIGAMI is based on a series of games-exercises with which children of 4-7 years can learn while having fun, gaining new and more complex painting and manipulation knowledge and skills. The structure of the play-activities offered to children is based on a detailed educational tour, which respects and to develop specific needs and abilities typical of childhood. What for an adult may be perceived as an easy and banal exercise, for a child can appear a difficult task to achieve since the ability to concentrate and function capabilities of children are still little developed for both intensity, duration, and complexity of mental strategies adopted.
Also, in general, children live in their own fantasy-symbolic world which characterizes the everyday experiences. So, it is important that each child can have the necessary time and motivation to realize the proposed activities and internalize them in his own mental world.
The game-exercises of PLAYING WITH ORIGAMI develop the following concepts and topics:
1. ACQUISITION OF GRAPHIC-SPATIAL SYMMETRY AND DEVELOPMENT OF EYE-HAND COORDINATION
2. DEVELOPMENT OF EYE-HAND COORDINATION IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NATIVITY
3. DEVELOPMENT LOGIC-PERCEPTIVE AND MANIPULATION-EXPRESSIVE SKILLS
4. LOGICAL-SPATIAL STRUCTURE OF IMAGES
5. THREE-DIMENSIONAL CONSTRUCTION OF PAPER.